I've got a lot of catching up to do but let's just get started with these two words:
DOWNTON ABBEY
When Max and I got into watching Downton Abbey back in the fall, we thought that we were the last ones to jump on the bandwagon. I've been surprised as of late to find out that there are still a lot of people out there who haven't started watching it, let alone heard of it. What very melancholy and hopeless lives they must lead.
Anywhatzerdoodle, we were immediately hooked and there was no going back. We finished season 1 in a few days and within a week's time, we were done with season 2 (I think we stayed up until 2 or 3 o'clock some nights...just had to watch one more episode) and cursing the fact that season 3 wouldn't start until January 6th of this year. It was September. October, November, and December crawled by at a snail's pace as we waited for the first Sunday of this year to brighten our bleak existence.
Each Sunday night of this year has been filled with excitement and anticipation as we counted down the minutes until Downton Abbey would be on. Granted we TiVo it and watch it after it records...but still. Twice the glorious amounts of snow we get at this elevation (approx. 5,000 ft) has blanketed our satellite dish and left us in a state of sheer panic on Sunday evening. Twice I stayed inside and tried not to have a nervous breakdown while my husband - remember he had major hip surgery in November - dragged out the ladder and climbed up on our snow-blanketed roof to clean the dish off so that we'd get reception in time. It worked both times and he came back down to less-slippery ground safely both times. Hallelujah!...because we couldn't have waited 1-2 days for PBS to make the episodes available online.
Last night was one of those nights. We missed the first couple of minutes of it because our box was re-booting but no big deal. We saw every other minute and they were the ones that mattered. I discussed last night's gripping episode (seriously...how crazy was it?!) with no less than 4 people today. During the conversation with my sister, she provided me with life changing news: Season 3 (the current season) of Downton Abbey is being released on DVD and BluRay tomorrow. The season isn't even finished airing here in the states yet and they're making it available to all of us addicts. Oh, my good glory...I almost passed out. What a brilliant marketing plan on the part of those sneaky Brits. After very little discussion between Max and I, it was decided that we would need to order it on BluRay tonight.
The deed has been done. Our beloved copy of Downton Abbey Season 3 on BluRay will ship out via Amazon Prime tomorrow and it will be on our doorstep on Thursday. I may or may not sit in one of our front bay windows and wait for it to arrive...I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight (or tomorrow night for that matter).
If you can't guess what our Friday night plans are, then something is seriously wrong with your deductive reasoning skills. Please no phone calls, visits, etc. after 9:00...'cause we're not taking a break in watching the rest of the season for anything!
P.S. I just told my spell checker to accept the word "Downton"...because it's totally legit.
5 comments:
I can't believe you're waiting until Friday to watch it! Wish I was there joining you!
Love this. I bought season 3 at Target today!
I cannot wait to finish this season either! And you are right, Downton is a legitimate word!
You are so funny! By the way, I jumped on the bandwagon after you- just watched the first show of season 3 with my mom in January, then had to start over with 1 & 2. LOVE this show!
I am all caught up! Totally love it!
Post a Comment