I hope you were sitting down when you opened my blog and saw that I had written for the first time in over 4 months. I can only imagine the state of shock that I've put some of you into.
Not that I have a ton of readers, but amazingly enough, people have been checking my blog on a fairly regular basis during my hiatus. I think that roughly 85% of those visits have been my own sister and parents (who know better than to think that this professional procrastinator would have gotten her act together) but still, I'm always surprised to see my ticker/counter keep going up. I've even checked my blog during these past months. Never to write anything, mind you. It's always been to click over to blogs that I frequent, but that being said, sometimes even I've been surprised that nothing new has popped up on my feed. So strange how that works.
I've decided that rather than writing four million "rewind" posts, I'm just going to do a few (ha ha ha...you thought you were safe, didn't you?!). They're primarily going to be filled with a whole lot of picture collages and not a whole lot of writing...at least that's my intention. I've never been very good at keeping things a) short and sweet or b) my words to a minimum. We'll see how this goes...
First up, we have the end of the 2012-2013 school year. I was able to manage going on both kids' end-of-year field trips during the last month of school.
Hudson's class went to the Ogden Nature Center. I volunteered to drive up with a couple of other parents and the lunches for all three classes in my car order to avoid riding on the school bus (don't get me started on how buses made for children don't have ample leg room for tall adults). It was rainy. We got wet. One kid slipped and fell in the mud. All the kids "got to" skim the water in one of the ponds in search of nasty little bugs and organisms. It was kind of cool and kind of gross.
Claire's class went to Wheeler Farm in SLC. We all had to ride on the bus. I dealt with it and it helped build my amazing character. It was not rainy or wet that day. The weather was beautiful. I teamed up with another mom and we managed our little groups of girls together. We all walked and/or ran around seeing and petting the various animals. The barnyard stunk. I didn't mind the stink, though, as the animals are fun/cute/awesome and I wish I could take a fair number of them home with me. My backyard would be very crowded and messy if I did.
Finally, we had the last day of school. I always take 1st day of school pictures and last day pictures. We were running behind this particular morning (this had never happened before...) so I only managed to get a last day of school picture. At least I remembered.


No comments:
Post a Comment