I thought I was sneaky entering a single scheduled post prior to leaving on vacation back around the middle of June. I figured that I'd take a few minutes and write a post or two while on Balboa Island and again during the week that we spent at my parents' place after that. Well, that "week" at my parents' place turned 3 weeks and the kids and I will have been gone for a month when we head home tomorrow (hubby flew home at the end of the first week here). Why such a long, extended vacation? Believe me...it was anything but planned. We were all going to drive home together after our 1st week here when Claire came down with a fever. That's when Max chose to fly home and get back to work and the kids and I were planning on driving home (with my saintly mom's help) the following week. Less than two days before the second planned departure, Hudson caught Claire's bug...only worse. In addition to the fever, he fought nausea, body aches, and extreme fatigue (never seen him that tired before). Once again, our trip home was postponed another week. My dad was able to change my mom's flight home without any fees (thanks, Southwest!) and unless some unforeseen bug takes over the wellbeing of my mom or me overnight, we'll be on the road tomorrow. It'll be a long day and drive in the blazing heat of summer but between good company, air conditioned seats, DVD's for the kids, and my trusty iPod, it should be a good one. And come tomorrow night, it'll be good to be home.
Posts of our adventures (or lack thereof...) in California to follow.
2 comments:
I have been going through Suzie withdrawals. Drive safe and we can't wait to play!
Oh no! What is it about going on vacation that makes them sick? Didn't that happen last year too?
At least you got some quality time with your Mom, though. Better than being sick at home, I think!
Post a Comment