Wow - I haven't done a list (let alone a post of any sort) in a very long while! Time for me to repent...
Tonight we had the kids write letters to Santa Claus. This was Claire's 1st year writing one (okay - she dictated and I wrote) and Hudson's 3rd. They were both very psyched about it and are excited to get responses from the big man in a week or two. And no, it's not me that does the return correspondence...we happen to have Santa's address and he writes back every year. Good deal.
Now, while the kids have no problem coming up with a list of the things they'd like to get on Christmas morning, I've always had a hard time coming up with anything to tell my hubby or my parents. But this year is different. I've come up with a few things that I'd really, really, really like to receive. It's not a very long list but unfortunately, I'm afraid that everything I want is more or less out of the question...
MY UNREALISTIC CHRISTMAS WISH LIST
- Uninterrupted showers for one whole year. I'd even settle for a month. No one opening the door or coming into the bathroom. No child: asking me what I'm doing, begging for a snack, letting me know that they're bored, or wanting to hang out. Oh - and no ringing phones that leave me wondering who called for the rest of the time I'm in the shower.
- Someone else to do all of my cleaning, laundry, cooking, and dishes. For free. Without prompting. Without complaining. Do you know how many projects I could finish up if I didn't have to, well, do my job as a wife and mom?!
- For my children to get along more...preferably all the time. They're pretty good but there's room for improvement. My sister and I were laughing about this one the other day because mom used to say that we could give this to her as a gift. We'd say that it didn't count and wasn't a present. She'd respond that it would be to her. Now I understand.
- For chocolate, bread, ice cream, pastries (all baked treats in general), butter, and everything else that tastes good to be completely carbohydrate, sugar, and calorie free. It would be very helpful to me as I try to shed some pounds. Very helpful indeed.
- A mute button for my kids. It seems like anytime that I'm on the phone, Max and I are trying to talk, or I have something to say to them, one or both of my kids (who were completely oblivious to my existence for the 30 minutes prior to that moment) have to start yelling, talking, asking questions, etc. I know that duct tape was invented for a reason but a mute button would be so much quicker for me and less painful for them.
I think that's about it...it's not asking all that much, is it? I'm only asking for a measly 5 things for Christmas. None of them has to be wrapped and no one has to spend a dime. Pretty please?!
4 comments:
Wouldn't that be the life? I'd really like to get you all five things on your list...sadly none of them can happen or exist. How about we get together and make caramels and pretend they are calorie free!
My wish list looks eerily similar to yours! And I like Erin's idea. I just wish I could be there to make caramels with you!
LOL!! that was a good laugh suz... great list, i want all the same things :)
love you tons turkeybuns!!
xoxoxo
k
Huh, that's funny! I have the SAME list! LOL
Love ya!
Post a Comment