I know I've complained about this before, but I have had the worst case of writer's block for the longest time now. We're, what, almost 4 months into the year and this is only my 4th post? And check out my stats: 131 posts in 2009 and only 62 in 2010. I mean, seriously. I used to come up with little stories to tell, lists to make, quote or recipes to share, etc. but lately (which apparently means the past year or so), the incredibly awesome well of brilliance that is my brain has run dry.
Now, you might be able to tell from the blog list on my sidebar (not to mention the blogs that aren't there but are in my favorites folder), I have a thing for reading other people's blogs. I check for blog updates every day and, being a total hypocrite, I get really irritated when people haven't done their part to entertain me and posted something new. I've been thinking about this lately and I've come to a conclusion...it's THEIR fault that I haven't written lately.
WHY MY BLOG & I DON'T MEASURE UP
* I've lost my creative thought process as of late. I don't know whether it's because my daughter has fried my brain by saying my name 3,493 times a day or if it's because I've failed to nurture it by simply writing (or thinking), but it's just not there.
* I forget to write down or post about the funny things my kids say.
* One word: pictures. I'm not the best photographer and other peep's pictures blow mine out of the water. Especially when they apparently have an amazing professional photographer at their disposal, catering to their every visual whim. No fair.
* Everyone else is at least one of the following in every post: witty, adventurous, cool, smart, exciting, funny, charming, crafty, or thoughtful. Not to mention any other number of qualities that make blogs read-worthy.
* I am in a major cooking rut. I haven't been trying new recipes and the ones I have are so repetitious to me that they don't seem like they're good enough to share. Either that or they're SO good that I refuse to share. Therefore, no new recipe posts.
* Along those lines, I don't take multiple (or sometimes even single) pictures of the recipes that I do share. LAME.
* Other people always come up with such interesting things to write about, share, or voice an opinion on. Let me share something with you: in my humble opinion, pretty much nothing I write falls into the category of being interesting.
* I'm not having any more babies. Whether documenting one's pregnancy, sharing baby stories, or posting billions of pics of a baby's irresistible squishy fat rolls, everyone loves baby posts. My baby is 3 1/2 and her fat rolls are gone. She's cute, but she's not a baby anymore and until my kids grow up and make me a grandma (which had better be a good 20 years from now), there will be no baby posts on this blog.
* I am far too busy reading other people's blogs and realizing how superior they are to mine to take the time and write a post of my own.
Excuses, excuses! Trust me - I know. I am, after all, the one making them.
8 comments:
I too have been in a blogging rut. As for your excuses, I will not accept them. You must blog more...for my sake. Who's blog am I going to read instead of doing the laundry?
I love your blog and think it is interesting and witty even if you don't:) And, I think you should reconsider sharing those recipes that are SO good- I also am in a cooking rut!
I have been meaning to "get after you" for not blogging! I love your blog, I love your writing, keep goin' girl!
OK Suzie, you better be counting yourself when you say other women are witty, crafty, creative- blah blah blah. YOU are all those things to the people who read your blog! I check your blog all the time, and I think you should know that other people look forward to reading about you and your adorable family too!
Suzie, I for one, love your blog. Everyone's blogs are different and show different stages of life and that's what's awesome! So keep going girl! ;)
Seriously, Suz!! You have tremendously adorable kids - just keep your camera handy, and you'll get some great pictures of them! And you totally are one of those crafty, clever, witty women with their blogs. So stop with the excuses already, and get blogging!! :)
Keep blogging (and sharing recipes-even if you don't have photos of the food!)
I enjoy reading your blog...
my mom & i constantly talk about how clever your writing is. & can i just say i have the opposite problem! all i have is fat baby rolls! ppl don't want to read about all the fat rolls at my house over & over. :)
Post a Comment