A few days before Halloween we had our first real leaf gathering/raking/bagging session of the fall. In spite of the cooler temperatures in September, it seems like autumn has taken its sweet time kicking it into gear and the leaves have just recently started to flutter down.
The work started in the morning with the kids and the hubby starting to gather leaves and then covering poor Miles in them (though he didn't seem to mind too much...looked like he was ready to go to sleep). From there it turned into the kids and dog chasing each other all over the place as the dog got a little spunky after escaping his blanket of leaves. In the late afternoon, I called my little minions to get out front and bag leaves while I finished putting dinner together. They are good little workers and seemed to enjoy (for the most part) stuffing the garbage can full, pushing the leaves down when it got too full, and occasionally throwing a few up in the air for good measure.
Oh - and please don't think that I didn't do anything. I did my fair share by tying off and changing the bags in the can when they were full, snapping pictures of the kids doing the real work, and bossing them around.

2 comments:
Cute little worker bees you have there! I prefer to boss, and order everyone around too! Must be a mom thing.
Well, since you are all so good at doing your leaves, please come do ours next!
Post a Comment