Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Rewind: 1ST REAL SNOW OF THE YEAR/WINTER

So I know that the year started way back in January and winter doesn't officially begin for a couple more weeks but I still consider what we had at the beginning of November to be the 1st snowfall of the year and of this winter.  Mother Nature was kind enough to have the white stuff come down over a Friday night so that the kids could play Saturday morning.  They were beyond happy to get in their marshmallow-esque gear and head outside.  I joined them to help with the sledding down our little back hill and gave both kids "rides" as I pulled the sled around the backyard.  Then Max joined us and the real fun started.  He ran around the yard with the kids clinging onto the sled as he whipped them around the lawn and tried to make them fall off on the corners.  My two favorite moments were: 1) when Claire fell off the sled on one of the turns and got a face, nose, and mouthful of snow and 2) watching Max try to take a corner extra sharp to throw Hudson into the snow and slipped in the process...both he and Hudson took a good spill and we all had a good laugh.


Since that 1st storm we haven't had much of the white stuff.  Just a few inches here and there, much of it conveniently melting off and allowing us to spruce up the yard a couple more times before the real winter weather hits.  As much as I don't care for snow, I'm ready for it to stick around now that December is here....

Next up: highlights from the rest of November.

No comments: