Two nights ago after my boy brushed his teeth, I pulled out a Clorox wipe, handed it to him and pointed to the toilet. He looked surprised and asked why he had to clean the large yellow spot back behind the seat. I informed him that if he makes the mess, he's going to have to clean it up (I've only made him do it a few times in the past...my bad!). His response was, "But it wasn't me!" Uhhhhhh. I played Captain Obvious and reminded him that his sister can't miss and hit the toilet back there and that he's the only boy who uses that bathroom. Not surprisingly, his answer changed: "But it's not from today." Uhhhhhh. It was still you, buddy.
It was actually fairly amusing to watch him cleaning up that spot. He very gingerly held the folded-over wipe with two or three fingers and put almost zero elbow grease into it, doing only - and I mean only - the bare minimum needed to get the job done. He tried to hand the wipe to me and I quickly pointed at the garbage can.
After his little chore was done I pulled out another wipe and did a quick wipe down of the bowl's rim and seat as I told him that he's going to start doing toilets. He was about as THRILLED as a diabetic on Halloween. Too bad, kid. It's happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment