I'm pretty good about telling my family and friends about the funny things my kiddies say but I often forget to write them down. So today I'm going to rattle off a few of the gems that have flowed from their mouths...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Claire is currently on a spelling kick. She loves repeating how to spell the handful of words that she has mastered. About a month ago we were sitting at dinner one night...
C: I know how to spell cow!
Me: Okay...how?
C: M - O - M!
Me: That spells "mom".
C: Ohhhhhhh! Then how do you spell cow?
I could have curled up in a ball and cried but I decided that I wouldn't let a 4 year old ruin my night and had a good laugh instead.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I took Claire with me to the AT&T store one day and in the middle of our visit I had to take her to the restroom in the back. The toilet paper contraption was well out of her reach (really...ridiculously placed fairly far from the commode) so I pulled some off the roll and handed it to her. She took it with a sigh and said, "Toilet paper is the BEST." Yes, yes it is.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We were at Max's office a few days after the previous toilet paper episode when once again Claire had to use the restroom (what is with these kids?!). I took her down the hall and upon entering the stall, I offered to get some toilet paper for here since once again, I didn't think she could reach it. She quickly told me she could do it and reaching for the roll said, "Watch...and learn." I watched. I learned. She was right.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A while back I bought a big box of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts. Since the box itself wouldn't fit in the freezer downstairs I pulled out the individual resealable bags and stuffed them in wherever I could find room. That night around dinnertime, I sent Hudson downstairs to grab a pound of butter from the freezer for me. He came back upstairs and said, "It sure was nice of the guys at the store to cut all that chicken into heart shapes for us." Some of the breasts weren't separated or cut apart and so really, some of the pieces did look like hearts. It just struck me as funny that he thought that the store actually went to the trouble of cutting them that way.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One day last week Claire was begging to play games on my iPad. I repeatedly told her "no" and she persisted until I was really firm with her. A few minutes later we were in the kitchen when she came over to me and asked me to be quiet for a second. I obliged and she put her ear up against my thigh and said, "Your body says I can play on your iPad."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I know I have more stored deep in the deep abyss of my short term memory somewhere...hopefully I'll find them one of these days so I can post more.
2 comments:
i think i could read about cute things your kids say all day! they have such darling little personalities! ellery told me yesterday that my bum was super big but why is my tummy so little? i was told i needed to make a smaller bum & a bigger tummy ASAP. i'd take claire's c-o-w moment over that any day! hahaa
I actually keep a list for each kid on the computer and add to when they say these gems! Toilet paper really is the best.
Post a Comment