Friday, August 17, 2012

Anne Was Here!: Thanksgiving Point Animal Farm

The same day that I had a really great experience at the DMV (no lie!), my sister and I packed up our kiddies and took them down to the Thanksgiving Point Animal Farm with our sister-in-law Heather and her kids.  We've both been there many time before but it's always enjoyable as we are all animal lovers.  We all got to see, pet, and hand-feed draught/draft horses, ponies and their darling little foals, baby goats, etc.  The younger kids each went on a pony ride (if you can call it that...it's done in a small covered corral with the ponies on a mechanical merry-go-round of sorts) as well.


Growing up, I always thought I wanted to own and live on a small ranch/farm someday.  Now I think it'd be awesome to have chickens and maybe a goat.  Otherwise, I think the constant cleaning of messes, feeding times, and smell would do me in.  I'm glad we don't live to far from this place so that I can get a good dose of farm animals now and then!

No comments: