My kiddies started a new school year on Tuesday. I'm always thrilled to get back on a schedule and I honestly love sending my kids off to learn and have fun each day. Yes, it's nice for me to have some time I'm excited for them, too. School is part of growing up and I want them to enjoy it!
This year was a little bittersweet for me. I didn't really get emotional about it but it's strange to think that all my kids (all two of them...I know, it's mind-blowing!) are officially in school and I don't get to have little ones at home any more. My girl is no longer a baby or a toddler or a preschooler. She's a "real girl" and she's moving up and on.
Both kids were so thrilled to get up and get going this morning. Hudson (normally a bit of a dilly-dallyer) was ready with a solid 30 minutes to spare and while Claire got up later, she was just as eager to get out the door. Both kids were excited to ride the bus (mostly empty the 1st day...only 7 kids on there) and after making sure they were on the yellow beast, I headed down the hill to meet them at the school.
Hudson was quick to head to his class, taking a neighbor friend/girl to her class first as she was a bit freaked out and didn't know where to go. Claire and her little friend Sadie walked with me to the Kindergarten classroom and we arrived just as the teacher opened the doors. Both girls settled right in and seemed happy as clams in their new surroundings. I stayed at the school for Back To School Morning (attended 30 minute meetings in both classes while they sent the kids out to play), chatted with a few friends, went to the PTA display in the cafeteria, etc. By the time I was finished, it was nearly time for Claire to get out (early out schedule the 1st day of school). When I picked her up at her classroom, I asked her if it was a good day...that's when I got the thumbs-up in the picture below. A happy girl makes for a happy mom! Hudson loved his class, too.
Here's hoping that the rest of the year goes as smoothly and creates as much happiness as the first day! Now, homework? That's another story...

No comments:
Post a Comment