On August 6th I took my kids to Lagoon for the day. Claire had never been before and both kids had been begging to go pretty much all summer long. After doing a little research I chose to take them on a Monday in order to avoid the crowds as much as possible. It turned out being a good choice...I think our longest wait was maybe 15 minutes. The biggest hits of the day were Bombora (quick but fun coaster), the Bat (another quick coaster - this one with feet dangling), and the Dinosaur Drop and Ladybug Drop which are virtually the same, just with different decor. We didn't make it onto any really "big" rides as Claire was either just below or barely at the height limit and Hudson wasn't too keen on anything intimidating. Whenever we passed one of these bigger rides, Claire's eyes would get big and she'd exclaim, "I want to go on THAT!" Hudson would then say, "There's NO way I'm going on that. NO WAY!" We always knew Claire was a little more or a daredevil than her brother and this just reiterated that fact. She was almost in tears at one point because I told her we weren't going on a ride that would loop upside down. We had a great day and I was glad to let the two of them go on a number of rides together at the end of the day while I sat and watched from the sidelines. We stayed until the park closed and we all went home happy and exhausted.
A week later, we took advantage of the "bounce back" system/program and returned the following Monday to do it all again (and lines were even shorter!). This time, I surprised the kids and arranged to pick up my niece from my brother on his way to work and she came with us. It was SO nice to have a fourth person with us...everyone had a partner on every ride and no one felt like a 3rd wheel or left behind. It was especially nice when Hudson and his cousin would head off to go on a ride and Claire and I would do something else. Having a seatmate proved to be the trick for getting Hudson to try some of the bigger rides and while we didn't go on anything extreme (no upside down rides this time), all four of us went on a few things that we hadn't the week before and he and his cousin were quick to return to some of their favorites on their own. Oh - and we decided to tally up the number of rides we went on this time. I think that we each went on 50-something rides. Not too shabby!


No comments:
Post a Comment