Every Monday through Thursday, Hudson and I spend some quality time doing his homework. His assignments consist of the basics that the class is covering (usually a letter of the alphabet, a simple "sight word" like "for", and then a number or shape) and then working on a "word chunk" or two to keep him going on his spelling and reading (he taught himself the latter before he started kindergarten so he "gets" to do extra homework). He finished all of the word chunks a couple of weeks back so we've started the list over again...
We were working on the word chunk "ap" the other day and I asked him to spell the word "scrap". He wrote it down and said, "Finished." I asked him how he spelled it and he replied, "C - R - A - P." I told him to look at the paper and read me the word he'd written. A huge grin spread across his face and after saying, "Crap", he laughed hysterically for a good 5 minutes. After much persuasion and insistence on my part, he finally wrote an "s" at the beginning and we continued on with the list. When we finished, he re-wrote the word "crap" at the bottom of the list. It is, after all, an "ap" word. Nice.
Later in the afternoon, he was drawing and writing in his notebook and asked me how to spell "try". I told him and didn't think anything of it. Well, a little bit later, I glanced at his notebook (which he'd left open on the kitchen island) and immediately started laughing when I saw this:
Apparently we need to work on his listening skills ("tri") and spelling bigger words (trouble was originally spelled "trabl"...pic taken after he corrected it). And I have absolutely NO idea why he decided to write that he was in trouble. But I found it so entertaining and was appreciative of his giving me material for a post. Thanks, Huds!
4 comments:
I think he found our new saying "try this crap!" Good times with Hudson!
Kids are soo funny, and Hudson is soo smart!
That's funny, Suz!! Love it! :)
I love it! He's gonna be a handful as a teenager, watch out!
Post a Comment