Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

There was going to be a neighborhood Easter egg hunt 'round here on Saturday. Then Mother Nature decided to play a horrible prank on us and dropped 10 inches of snow in our yards a few days before. While a portion had melted by the weekend, we still had a few inches of the white stuff left and the party was canceled. But did we let that stop us? No way! We had our own little egg hunt in the living and dining rooms Saturday afternoon. My sister-in-law and I filled the plastic eggs Saturday morning and while the kids finished up their lunches, my brother "hid" he eggs in kid-friendly/visible places. The kids were (of course) thrilled to get their baskets out and find all of the eggs...and then eat the goodies they found inside:


Sunday morning the kids found their over-flowing Easter baskets. Before we could even notice what she was doing, Claire had stuffed a little Hershey's chocolate bunny into her mouth (I think she ate 2 immediately and then I found her sneaking her 3rd and 4th a short while later). We had a very relaxed Easter day and enjoyed listening to and/or watching our church's bi-annual conference. I turned Hudson's bunk beds into a "fort" at one point and the kids had a blast hanging out in there.

On Saturday afternoon I had dyed several hard boiled eggs in preparation for our traditional egg hunt on Easter. Once again, the snow put a damper on our usual outdoor hunt. Amazingly, the Easter Bunny was able to sneak into our basement when we weren't looking late Sunday afternoon and hid those dyed eggs. When the kids came downstairs with me to make sure they'd cleaned up the family room well enough, Hudson was ecstatic to spot a couple of eggs right off. Both kids grabbed their baskets (which I'd brought downstairs with me to "put away") and ran around the room finding the eggs.


Our dinner last night was a super yummy glazed ham (my MIL's recipe is the BEST), scalloped potatoes, green beans, orange Jell-O/Cool Whip mousse, and sugary orange rolls. All so yummy and along with all the chocolate I consumed over the weekend, it's all hanging out on my thighs for a couple of days. Must get exercising...

3 comments:

linda said...

Suzie, looks like you had a super fun Easter despite the weather!! I'd love to know how you did your photo "collage". Did you do it in photoshop??

Erin said...

We really did have a fantastic time with you guys! Amen on the exercising. Too bad it is snowing and I'll have to stay inside and drown my sorrows with Butterfingers!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday! Loving that smart EB hiding the eggs in the basement undetected! Way to go!