After talking it over for some time and deciding that I should get a newer vehicle (preferably one with better gas mileage that doesn't take up a big chunk of our garage), we decided to list my beloved Expedition in the local online classifieds a couple of weeks ago. What?! But Suzie - you LOVE that car! I know, I know. It's spacious, comfy, truck-like, and can win almost any battle with other vehicles, shopping carts, and even the rare cable car. We didn't expect it to sell necessarily...just thought we'd test the waters. Besides, Max was thinking that there was no way it would sell as he hadn't ever had any luck trying to sell one of his cars through the same popular classifieds.
As you've probably assumed by this post's title, it sold. We had several calls and a few people come to take a gander/test drive and in the end, the couple that came by Tuesday evening loved the car (though not as much as I did, I'm sure) and the deal was done Thursday morning. We even had another couple call a total of 3 or 4 times on Wednesday more or less begging us for the car - even asked if they could bring by earnest money - if it didn't sell to the other couple. Sorry, folks...
We spent a chunk of Wednesday afternoon looking at cars in hopes that we'd find the perfect new fit right away. No such luck. We looked at crossovers, a couple of SUV's, new and used cars, etc. but nothing totally clicked. The closest thing was a Subaru Tribeca but we weren't totally decided and wanted to make sure the deal was done on the sale of my car before moving forward.
I was a wee tad bit of a touch sad when finishing up the paperwork on my Expedition on Thursday morning. It felt so wrong to hand my keys over to the couple who purchased it. I know they are excited to have it and I know that they'll take good care of it. But it's MY car and I love it! No one else could possibly have the deep feelings for it that I did. But then again, for heaven's sake, self...it's a car, not a child (though if it were a child, it would be my best-behaved one...no attitude or whining whatsoever).
We spent part of yesterday afternoon looking at cars again. The first one that we looked at (and the only one that we drove) was...a newer Expedition. I won't get into the details of the car itself other than to say that it's a lot like my old Expedition but a whole lot nicer and prettier with more bells and whistles. I thought Max would immediately give it a big, fat "no" but he surprised me when he said, "It's like coming home." We both agreed that it was the front runner of the various cars that we'd looked at and driven but at the same time, we both want to make sure we check out other options before moving forward. This afternoon we're headed out again and if we don't make a decision today, we'll be driving all over kingdom come again tomorrow. I will admit that it's kind of fun looking for a new car but I'm afraid I'm being a bit difficult in what I am willing to get as my old Expedition is still tugging at my heart strings.
Goodbye, my darling. I will miss you (unless I get that newer one...).
5 comments:
Oh, I know how you loved that car! That will be funny if you end up with another... Good luck on the hunt!
I loved that your Expedition could fit all of us if we needed. I'm excited to see what you end up choosing!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! If a newer Expedition works, go for it!
We have owned many duplicates- stick with what works!
Isn't it funny how attached we get to our cars?
I'm just curious (you don't have to answer if you don't want do)
I have a Tahoe that I've been curious about selling, not seriously, but just curious.
What year is your Expedition? How much did you sell it for?
I've thought about down grading to a car, but I don't think I could actually do it. I love having a big ole gas guzzlin vehicle.
Post a Comment