The Green Door Poem
I wanted to paint our front door.
Tired of the primer, I was.
So I gathered up some swatches,
As one ready to paint something does.
I flipped through every single one -
Found a lovely shade of green.
Showed it to my hubby...
He too was rather keen.
We hired a trusty painter,
He bought the color and did his job.
And when we saw the end result...
Well, it's a miracle I didn't sob.
Our front door was sure green alright.
A lovely springtime shade.
And before even 12 hours had passed
I said, "Changes must be made!"
I picked up all new swatches,
Went through them carefully.
Picked out another color and prayed
"Please don't let the neighbors see."
But the split-pea soup color had to stay
For days 'til the painter came back.
In the interim whenever I saw that door -
I wished that time would turn back.
Now the door has been painted...again.
And this time? Sweet success.
An olive green that we can live with and love
And I'm no longer a mess.
Fin.
P.S. New posts on the past couple of weeks coming over the next day or two and more painting, recipes, etc. to follow!
5 comments:
Door #2 is the clear winner!!
Great poem! I do love the color of the finished product. Choosing paint colors sure is hit or miss.
It looks great, especially with that pretty fall wreath! (Although I will miss the primer...)
What color did you use? My bright red door is peeling (since my lame-butt painters didn't scrape it properly) and needs to be redone. That second green is loverly!
Michelle - The color is actually called Olive and it's by Behr (Home Depot).
Post a Comment