Today was Claire's 1st day of preschool. Considering how shy she was at orientation last week, I was a little nervous about how she would deal with the real thing. Always being one to do things on her own time, she completely surprised me today when upon getting out of the car, she happily walked up the driveway towards the other kids, only turning around to say "bye" when prompted by her teacher. Ahhhh....sigh of relief!
My baby girl all ready to head off into the exciting world of preschool.
I felt somewhat lost not having anyone at home with me and I'm glad that I was scheduled to help out in Hudson's class for a bit while she was at school. After that, I had time to run a few errands and get a little bit done at home before picking her up. Strange feeling but I'm sure I'll get used to it...
When I picked her up, Claire was every bit as happy as when I dropped her off earlier. She talked about snack time (banana, cookie, and water), recess, holding onto the rope on the driveway, washing her hands, and doing the Hokey Pokey. All good things. What can we say?
PRESCHOOL ROCKS!
3 comments:
She all of the sudden look so grown up! I have no doubt you'll easily get used to a few hours of quiet time while she's gone.
I felt the same way yesterday.... You feel a little unsure about WHO YOU ARE without those little ones climbing all over you! But, I'm embracing it! It's going to be AWESOME!
She's totally adorable!
I'm sure you will find plenty of things to do! Glad she is having a positive experience!
Post a Comment