Every fall, we take a drive up into the mountains right by our house to take in the fall colors. We went up too early this year to see any really great colors but the weather was PERFECT and we enjoyed hiking around and taking in the scenery. Hudson was a trouper as always and while Claire started out walking on her own, she quickly changed her mind and took the easy way...on her daddy's shoulders. I wish I had an option like that. Hiking up to the main peak nearly does me in every year. Thankfully I'm always the one behind the camera so I use that as an excuse to stop and rest every 3.8 feet or so ("I need to get a good shot of this!").

We may try to get another drive in to catch some colors this year if the weather is good. If we do, there will be a second annual fall mountain drive this year. Otherwise, better luck to us next time!

We may try to get another drive in to catch some colors this year if the weather is good. If we do, there will be a second annual fall mountain drive this year. Otherwise, better luck to us next time!
3 comments:
What a fun tradition! Even if the colors aren't in full swing yet, it's always nice to enjoy the outdoors and a change of scenery. Wish I could join you! What I want to know is how Max can make it up the hill with extra weight on his shoulders. Thank heavens for husbands!
Oh how fun.! Love your gorgeous family! This is exactly what we will be doing this coming weekend. Thanks to you guys it is a fun little outing we now enjoy as a family too!
If it isn't too cold and snowing, it is too warm and the colors haven't changed! It is tricky getting the perfect timing. Great pictures!
Post a Comment