On May 5th, I got to go see Hudson in the annual Mother's Day program put on by the 1st graders at our elementary school. All year, his teacher had been talking about it and proclaimed several times that it's her favorite date of the year. Having seen it for myself now, I can certainly see why. We were all given "crowns" that our child had created for us, complete with a picture of us with the child (taken months ago at a parent/teacher conference). Each child had a small speaking part and the group as a whole sang several songs, complete with arm and hand actions. It was so stinking cute! I recorded the whole thing and snapped pictures with our small digital with my left hand throughout the whole thing (not too steady working with both hands at once...hence a few slightly grainy shots).
The final number of the program was a song about a treasure box filled with love. Each child had a little box on a ribbon around their neck and at the end of the song, they came down and gave the necklaces to their moms. Here's mine:
I positively LOVE it. I wore it all that day and to church on Mother's Day. It really is a treasure to me and I know I'll hold it dear as long as I live.


4 comments:
Adorable! Can't believe it was just last year that I attended with Ben. Love that program!
I can't wait! So cute!
So sweet!
Hudson really is a sweet boy. I know we just saw you guys, but I already miss you. Tyler needs some cousin time.
Post a Comment