As mentioned in a previous post, Hudson celebrated his 7th birthday back on May 7th. That evening we had a family party for him. I spent way too much time that afternoon making cupcakes in ice cream cones. I not only baked the cake into the cones but also topped each with a smaller cupcake to make a nice "scoop" on to. Frosting them was somewhat of a nightmare, even once I had a pretty good system down. Now don't get me wrong, my boy is totally worth it and I think the cupcakes turned out really well. I just don't think I'll be doing them again anytime soon. I also made a Texas sheet cake (our fave - recipe here) in preparation for how many people we were going to have.
Cupcakes and cake galore (only a fraction of the cupcakes are shown)...the lower left pic is what happens when you accidentally bump the table in the middle of taking pictures.
Party time rolled around and we ended up with a total of 10 people here (that number includes our family of 4). We were expecting 18 more people to come but last minute circumstances made it so that three families couldn't come. It was a bit of a bummer but we did our best to play it down and Hudson was still happy to see those who did come and enjoyed his little party.
As for the copious amounts of dessert that we had in our possession, the cupcakes were a hit with the kids and adults. The sheet cake was good as always but hardly a dent was made. The only hitch with any of it (besides insane amounts of leftovers) was that the blue frosting proved to be a real mess-maker. Not that there's any surprise there.
Messy kids (though we were smart enough to give the little one an un-frosted cupcake)...my nephew actually licked his bowl clean!
Happy Birthday to my best boy!



1 comment:
Why wasn't my picture included? Just kidding. It really was a fun night. Can you send me the pictures of my kids?
Post a Comment