It's that time of year again. Unfortunately I'm not referring to fall (one of my 2 favorite seasons), baking and soup season, nights wearing slippers and sweaters, or anything else that gives me the warm fuzzies. It's time for my annual check-ups on my three remaining tumors (right side of brain/inner ear, neck, and back...all benign but can be do a lot of damage considering where they've taken up residence in my central nervous system). While this has been part of normal for me for the past three years, the week or two before my MRI's and doctors appointments have always found me a nervous basket-case of a stressed out wreck running around on emotional pins and needles. However, for whatever reason, I've been blessed this year and have felt totally normal and at east about the whole situation. I still don't enjoy the MRI's (Valium and I are very dear chums) and I'm still a bit nervous about the results but I'm just not thinking about it much or finding it to be that big of a deal. Thank the heavens above because this is way more preferable than my usual!
I had one MRI Tuesday morning that was about 90 minutes. I was so relaxed that I actually fell asleep...and woke myself up with my snoring. Awesome. However, it ended up turning into two MRI's as I had to go back in the afternoon for a quick 30 minute re-do on a spot as the radiologist wanted clearer thins of the area. I was a little worried at first when they called me back because the area they wanted re-scanned is close to where the pesky little tumor in my lower back is. I asked the question flat out and the tech said that it was actually the area where my 2007 surgery was that they needed a better shot of. So long as it doesn't mean that the tumor they removed is back, I'm totally fine with it.
Today is a bigger day than Tuesday way. This morning I'll meet with my Neurosurgeon who handles my back and neck to see what the results of the other day's MRI's are. A couple of hours later it's another Valium for me and an MRI of my brain (only supposed to be 45 minutes but I still need some help to relax) before a hearing test and an appointment with my ENT Neuro about the one in my brain/inner ear. That one always scares me a little more since the hearing in my only good ear is threatened should that little bugger grow (for those of you who don't know, I'm stone deaf in the left ear with no cochlear life so no hearing aid, implant, etc. can help). Even with that knowledge and fear in the back of my head, I'm still feeling okay about the day ahead of me. Here's crossing my fingers, saying my prayers, and hoping with all the hope I have in me that none of my tumors has grown and that I get to go another year before checking again.
Wish me luck! I'll post results tonight or tomorrow...
2 comments:
Good Luck Suzie!! You're in my thoughts and prayers today. Thanks for being so good to my little Luke. He's spent the last day asking me when we're going to have Claire come and play.
Luck!
Post a Comment