Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Back Up & Blogging

About a week and a half ago my poor computer fell ill.  Really, really ill.  It wouldn't boot up and kept giving me all kind of rude errors when I would try to do so.  I was absolutely terrified that we had lost years of pictures, documents (including a massive recipe collection), etc.  I spent a lot of time fretting about it.  My kind hubby took it to our computer peeps for me and they informed us that some connections on the mother board (that's just fun to say!) had fried.  Thankfully none of my files were lost.

We had two options...
1) have them repair my computer for $$$
2) have them transfer all my data to a newer computer that we had sitting around for $
No brainer!

Max dropped the newer computer off to them and they set to work.  Said work was supposed to take a few days.  It took longer and I was without my precious computer and a normal internet connection (I have my iPhone, iPad and we have a laptop but I very much prefer my PC) for almost 10 days.  It was painful and I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on.

So today I'm sitting here at a new(er) computer with Windows7, faster everything, etc.  The only downside is I'm having to transfer a whole bunch of stuff from a single folder to where it belongs on the new hard drive.  I shouldn't complain, though, because I am so grateful that we didn't lose everything.  And I'm glad to be back in touch with the world again.

I'll get back to normal posts again soon...

1 comment:

Erin said...

Welcome back. I'm jealous you have a new computer...but not that your other one fell ill!