Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hudson's 1st Cub Scout Camp (aka Dirt Camp)

Two weekends ago Hudson spent a chunk of Friday and Saturday at Cub Scout camp.  He had so much fun...I'm surprised they were able to get him in the car to come home at the end of each day.  The boys practiced archery, participated in and watched skits, learned how to shoot BB guns (probably the highlight of his weekend life), panned for gold, and among many other things, did an obstacle course.  All of this was done up a canyon beneath a canopy of trees and in what is apparently the driest, most incredibly magnetic dirt known to man.

Hudson came home fairly dirty the first day and insanely, unbelievably, pig-enviably, completely and horridly FILTHY the second day.  By the time I got to see him, he was already undressed and ready for the shower so I snapped pictures of his face, hands, and feet.  His feet, mind you, were in socks and sturdy tennis shoes all day...he never took either off.  Yummy!


I didn't feel like the way the pictures of His Royal Dirtiness quite did the grime justice so I played around with the shadows and highlights a little bit and....voila!  This honestly gives a more accurate view of what my boy really looked like:


I know that these types of things are a rite of passage and my boy cleans up well so I'm not going to let the grime keep him from going on these camps in the future.  Besides, he really did absolutely LOVE his two days up there...I won't be the one to pull him away from such bliss!

No comments: