A couple of weeks ago I surprised the kids after school and took them up to Farmington for our annual trip to Pack's Pumpkin Patch. It was a beautiful early fall day...not too cool and not too warm. My only complaints would be 1) it was TOO dry out there and we all (including my car) came home pretty much covered in dirt and dust and 2) there were little thorns/stickers everywhere out in the fields - we had to pick them out of the bottoms of our shoes...dozens of them!
Each year the layout of the patch is slightly different but this year there were bigger changes than in the past. Last year's parking lot is now pumpkin vine territory, the park lot is where the tent was last year, and the hay maze is where some of the vines were last year. They made a new "bridge" for the hay maze on the flatbed of an old truck (the old bridge was looking pretty sad last year) and the maze seemed a bit bigger this time around.
After the kids had a few minutes in the maze, we headed out into the fields and took our sweet time picking out several pumpkins for carving and fall decor. This year both kids were big enough to pull the cart and had fun taking turns doing so. They both enjoyed it so much that I only had to pull it at the very end...darn!
In addition to the pumpkins pictured above, I picked out about 20 gourds and small/mini pumpkins to use on my fall fireplace mantle in a couple of week. While I do love carving pumpkins and the fun of Halloween, I can hardly wait until its over so that I can decorate the house for harvest time and Thanksgiving!
Next up: one last "rewind" post from the end of the summer...

No comments:
Post a Comment