When Hudson was about to start Kindergarten, I got a sitter for Claire one day and he and I went out for a day of fun. The other day I was going through some of the picture folders on my computer when I discovered a bunch of pictures of Claire from the day I had with her at the end of August and realized I never posted about it.
Our day wasn't anything over the top or super exciting but it was as good as it could have been. Just like any child, she needs quality one-on-one time and days like this one reminded me that I need to give that to both of my kids more often.
We dropped Hudson off at a friend's place late morning and Claire and I headed to Gardner Village in Salt Lake. She was excited for our date but was apparently tired, too, and fell asleep for about 20 minutes on the way there. We went to lunch at the main restaurant where I had a turkey sandwich and Claire had grilled cheese. I ordered an appetizer of fried green tomatoes and Claire was brave enough to give them a try. She wasn't a huge fan but ate a few bites. As picky as my girl can be, I'm always impressed with how willing she is to be adventurous and try new things.
After lunch we headed to the salon/spa where Claire got to have her nails painted. She chose a very bold pink with a clear glitter finish...so girly! She was tickled to have her feet in the foam flip flops...it was obvious that she felt very important. She looked so proud, happy, and grown up sitting there.
When her pretty toes were all ready to go, we walked around the other shops and got a treat at the bakery before leaving. It was such a pleasant and easy time with my girl...something that we both needed.
It makes me a bit sad to think that I won't get to have a special pre-Kindergarten day with any more children of mine. I guess I'll just have to find other reasons (or no reason at all!) to take my kids out for special days now and then.

No comments:
Post a Comment