Monday, May 20, 2013

Rewind: Rain Gutter Regatta

I'm ever so slowly getting closer to being current on here...we're talking February now, people! 
 
Hudson goes to Boy Scouts twice a month (plus a monthly "pack meeting") and in February, he participated in the Rain Gutter Regatta.  We made his boat at home over the couple of days before the event...sanding, painting, etc.  Hudson knew EXACTLY how he wanted his boat to look and did a great job on the little details.
 
On the big night, Hudson's little boat (and his lungs) fared pretty well.  He won a few heats and made it to the semi-finals before losing to a boy who ended up going to the finals.  He didn't really care about whether or not he won and was happy just to participate and race.  Not that winning a bit didn't help - I'm quite sure it did.


On a random side note, the guy with the shaved head on the left lives in our area and used to play basketball with Max on Saturday mornings.  He's an anesthesiologist and as luck would have it (and I'm glad it did), the morning of my brain surgery back in 2008, he walked into my pre-op room as he'd been assigned to my surgery that day.  I remember being so glad to see him...it's the little things that make the hard things a bit easier.

No comments: