We had a very nice Easter this year and it was a pretty low key day all around. The kids found their baskets from the Easter Bunny in the morning and then the bunny came back and hid the hard boiled eggs that we had dyed the day or two before.
I had the kids wear new duds to church that day (of course). Hudson is getting a little old to be forced into cute little outfits with multiple pieces so he just got a cool new tie. Claire, on the other hand, is all over getting new outfits so she got a dress with a cardigan shrug and new shoes. Between her willingness and desire to have new clothes and the fact that I'm a sucker for them, she definitely makes out better than her brother on holidays.
We were joined by my little brother and his family along with his mother-in-law for dinner that evening. We had a delicious spread of ham (recipe from my hubby's mom...BEST ever), sour cream scalloped potatoes, fresh fruit, green salad, and sugared orange rolls for dinner and fresh lemon cake for dessert. I just love holiday dinners. I'm glad they don't occur more often than they do because if I ate like that every day, you'd have to get a forklift to get me out of the house.
1 comment:
Your kids are always so adorable! You have great style Mama! And by the way, I'm glad to see you blogging again.
Post a Comment