Yes, you read the title right. I took my girl to Disney Princesses on Ice. This was a first for both of us as I had never been to any "on ice" performance in my life (I assume hockey games don't count but the fights are fun so that has to count for something, right?).
I bought our tickets several weeks in advance and lucked out when I snagged two seats at the aisle just one row up from the most expensive sections in the arena. I didn't tell Claire but I wrote on our calendar that it was going to be a night out for the two of us. She was excited as could be and leading up to the big day, she would refer to the calendar often.
Our evening started with dinner in SLC. Once we arrived at City Creek, I gave Claire a few dinner options and she chose Blue Lemon. We hadn't eaten there before and we both loved it. I'm starting to salivate just thinking about the butternut squash soup I had. Mmmmmmm. This post isn't about food, though, so I'll move on... After dinner we walked to the nearest Trax station and took the train over to The Delta Center (it has been renamed Energy Solutions Arena but it'll always be The Delta Center to me). On the wait to the train and once we were there, Claire noticed other little girls dressed up as princesses. She questioned me about it and I was very vague in my responses.
When we finally arrived at the arena, I sat her down in front of a tree and told her my evil plan. She was beyond excited and happily held on tight as we made our way through the crowds inside. We stopped at Cinderella's carriage which was made entirely out of Lego Duplo blocks and Claire did her best princess wave for a picture. Then, being a total sucker (and having cash from the hubby), I gave in like any good pushover parent would and got her a light-up sparkly wand (it even makes pretty sounds) and a foam "crown" before we headed in to find our seats. I also allowed myself to be talked into kettle corn, cotton candy (which she decided she didn't care for - strange child - we saved it for the boys at home), and a bottled water that cost me more than it should have. Oh well...it was a special mommy-daughter date and my girl is worth every penny!
The show itself was a ton of fun. Claire was completely enthralled and loved every second of it. I think her favorite part was the WHOLE thing. My favorite scenes were when Rapunzel and Flynn held onto long, flowy bands of fabric and rose up into the air and when they lit the lanterns at the end. Such good stuff! I honestly enjoyed the entire show and would love to take both of our kids sometime when they put on a more gender-neutral show.
Now, I've saved the best for last. I took a video or two of Claire during the show, just hoping to catch one of "those" moments. At one point, I could tell based on the storyline and such that a something big was coming up so I quietly turned on my phone's video camera and waited...
This was hands-down my favorite moment of the night!
This was hands-down my favorite moment of the night!

2 comments:
You'll always be so happy you had that night together1 Priceless!!
that was a perfect moment captured!! SO ADORABLE!
Post a Comment