Monday, March 17, 2014

The Low Family - Please Read & Help If You Can

Several months ago, I started following the Low family blog. The wife, Leslie, is the sister of a great girl who once took my kids' pictures (she's married to a guy/friend I went to church with growing up). When I started reading the blog, Leslie and her husband had recently found out that they were expecting triplet boys (no invitro or fertility treatments). These darling boys were born in December and in late February, the triplets were all diagnosed with Retinoblastoma, a rare childhood eye cancer. Within days the parents and infant boys (they have another son who is 2 or 3) flew to Toronto where the triplets have already undergone various treatments and one of them has had an eye removed. It is a remarkable, heartbreaking, and faith-promoting story. If you'd like to read more about it, here's the link to their blog:
 
 
Every once in a while, something that someone is going through hits close to home, and having some sort of a connection (by whatever degree) makes it that much more real. What the Low family is experiencing right now hits close to home for me. I hurt for the parents and get emotional thinking about what they must be feeling. I worry about the babies and what they're experiencing and I think about their older brother, how his world has changed with everything that is going on. I am reminded of what a blessing good health his and I am grateful that my children are healthy. I wish I had a magic wand that I could wave to cure the boys and make everything better but there is no such thing.
 
Emily, the sister that I know, set up a site for fundraising to help the family.  All funds received will be used for expenses as they have to travel for the boys' treatments and pay for food, lodging, airfare, etc. and anything else that comes their way as they care for all four of their boys. If you'd like to help out financially, you can click below:
 
 
If nothing else, please pray for this family and keep them in your thoughts. They need every ounce of support they can get whether it be spiritual, emotional, financial or otherwise. Everyone has an hour or time of need...this is theirs.
 
 

1 comment:

emily said...

Look how sweet you are! I just came across your blog and scrolled down and saw this. It still brings tears to my eyes, even though months have passed, and treatment continues on for these sweet babies. The outpouring of love that they have seen is nothing short of miraculous. It's been a beautiful journey to be a part of - to witness the goodness of mankind, the kindness of strangers, the strength of God's love bringing hope and peace. :)