Thursday, June 4, 2009

JUST WHAT I NEEDED ON A BUSY DAY...

Today has to be a productive day (and yet here I am blogging)...we're leaving on vacation in the morning. Not only do I need to finish packing, I have a house to spruce up, errands to run (hard when my car is down the hill getting a bit of work done before we leave), laundry to do, and two kids to keep in line in the process.

A little bit ago, I was upstairs getting a few billion things done. I heard Claire calling me from downstairs saying, "Hand. Ow. Hand. Hand. Owwwwieee!" She wasn't crying, just fussing as she worked her way up to see me. Every few steps, she'd stop, open her fisted hand and once again say, "Hand. Ow." She finally got to me at the top of the stairs and when I asked her to show me her hand, she gladly opened it to expose her "ow". There is was...a lovely smear and several spots of poop. I appreciated her efforts to keep it from spreading (especially considering that she was successful in this) as well as the fact that she kept it to one hand. I was able to clean it up with a baby wipe or two and a good hand washing. Unlike last time...

A few weeks ago, I was getting dinner made when she called me from a stool across the kitchen. She was, as she did today, calling, "Hand. Ow! Hand...owwieee!" and so forth. However, it was her first experience fiddling with her own poop (or any feces for that matter) and she had managed to not only spread it on her hands, but on her arms, nose and forehead. Oh - and she was slick enough to stick one of her filthied thumbs in her mouth, too. Sufficed to say, cleaning that mess up took a lot more than a couple of baby wipes.

I am SO looking forward to the day she is potty trained.

1 comment:

Erin said...

At least she knows to tell you. I hope you still had a productive day. I'm super excited for playing with you and everyone this week! See you in like 15 hours!