Saturday, May 30, 2009

LOST & FOUND: GRILLED CORN WITH LIME BUTTER

Another of my recipes that was buried deep in the clutter of my craft room. This one really is fantastic. While I thought it sounded like it might be good, I wasn't too sure of what to expect the first time I made it. Talk about a very pleasant surprise...this is just plain old tasty! Hope you corn-on-the-cob fans enjoy this one.

GRILLED CORN WITH LIME BUTTER

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 Tbsp. snipped chives
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1 Tbsp. chopped dill
2 tsp. grated lime zest
2 tsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 ears fresh corn, husks left on

In a blender, combine the butter, chives, parsley, dill, lime zest and juice, salt, and pepper. Puree until smooth. Scrape the contents onto a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a small log or pack into ramekins. Refrigerate until ready to use.

For the corn, heat grill to medium-high. Peel husks down without removing them. Pull of silk and replace the husks. Rinse corn under water and then place on the grill. Grill for about 13 minutes, turning every few minutes, or until tender.

Serve corn immediately with lime butter. Refrigerate any extra butter in plastic wrap or sealed container for up to 1 week.

NOTES:

  • I only use fresh chives and parsley for this recipe (gives it a really great flavor) but have only used dried dill as I couldn't get my hands on any that was fresh. Hoping to use fresh dill next time but it has always been good with the dried.
  • I use my mini food processor rather than a blender...just the right size.
  • We have used this on both grilled and steamed/boiled corn and either way, it's totally delicious - doesn't matter which way you prep the corn.
Next recipe to be posted: Italian Beef for Sandwiches.

No comments: