As has happened in times past, I have a serious case of writer's block right now and have for a while (hence my cheatin' by simply providing a link to something amusing from Bob Costas/Jimmy Fallon for my last post). At this particular moment, I kind of feel like complaining a bit. So tonight, I give you another list:
THINGS THAT ARE "BUMMERS" TO ME THIS EVENING
- Winter-like weather doesn't end up here until somewhere around mid to late April. In the meantime, the possibility of spring will continue to tease me with warm-ish weather days between spurts of days with snow and slush.
- I have at least 4 loads of laundry upstairs waiting to be folded.
- I have at least 2 more loads of laundry upstairs waiting to be washed, dried, and folded.
- One half of my favorite pair of black slip-on flats sustained an injury while we were in Southern California and I'm not sure that it's repairable.
- The heavy snow we got this afternoon (that is still coming down) has wiped out our satellite reception for the time being.
- Without our beloved DirecTV working, TiVo can't record American Idol and we're probably going to miss Grey's, too.
- I've had a headache almost every day for well over a week. I'm pretty sure that it's due to my going to bed too late each night but I don't really feel like changing that right now.
- My kitchen floor needs a good sweeping and mopping and my imaginary maid doesn't really exist.
- I'm afraid I might have unintentionally offended someone...they have hardly made any kind of effort in our relationship in some time but I can't figure out what I did or decide if I should approach this person about it.
- My skin is suddenly ultra-dry...again. It seemed like it was okay for a month or so and has gone back to its ugly, crackly ways.
- I am approximately 2 1/2 years behind in my scrapbooking/photo books. Haven't done anything for Hudson since he turned 3 and haven't even started on Claire.
- My deaf ear is really annoying. It's frustrating when I can't pick out a sound or voice like I used to and when I forget that I lost my hearing on that side (like when I try to switch ears on the phone or cover that ear to block out excess noise).
- I just cleaned the upstairs bathrooms three days ago and they already look like I haven't done so in weeks.
- I can't find my brown-tone framed glasses. Been missing for weeks (months?) and while I remember seeing the case, I can't find it or the specs for the life of me.
- Lastly, I don't have a Princess Cake from Gayle's sitting in my fridge upstairs...and if I did, eating a slice would most certainly make everything else listed above seem okay.
Okay, I'm done. I promise my next post won't be such a bummer to read.
4 comments:
I think if you just sit down, relax, and have a cold glass of TANG, all your troubles will go away. Bahahahaha....
I agree with the above comment...Looking forward to Monday!
I think you need to look up a princess cake recipe online and go to town making one. Then you'll be able to have a piece any time you want...especially if you freeze it. :-)
I'm almost as behind in scrapbooking as you are. I say we have a fun night this spring/summer and catch up a little.
I'm excited for you guys to come play tonight with us. Hopefully things won't be so 'bummer' after some fun and lots of sugar cookies (to take the place of Princess Cake.)
Post a Comment