Wednesday, June 9, 2010

And Another One Gone

My rapid teether has lost yet another tooth. At the ripe old age of 6 years and one month, Hudson lost the 1st of his two front teeth the other night (goner number five for those of you who are keeping track...right). You're glad I don't have a "before" picture. It wasn't pretty. But since you're totally wondering, I guess I'll go ahead and describe it for you: the tooth was totally pushed to the center causing a major gap to one side (hence the 2-tooth sized hole that's there now), it was starting to turn grey, and after an unfortunate incident with a drumstick (wooden, not chicken) the other night, the front was completely detached and the whole thing was hanging down abnormally low.

When I asked him to let me give it a try before bed, he did his usual freak out act and tried to summons a few tears. Too bad for him that it didn't work and he has a mean mommy who gets her way. When he and I finally came to an agreement (aka I won the argument), all it took was a quick little pull and it was out. Hudson immediately started laughing and - don't read the rest of the sentence if you are grossed out easily - laughed even harder when we saw that there was actually basil from that night's pesto pasta dinner resting in the top of it. After getting over the giggles and stopping the tiny bit of bleeding, he went running for the kitchen to get my phone so we could text Max a picture and then grabbed the camera so that we could get real pictures for posterity.

My happy gap-toothed boy. Note how far in the new tooth already is.

As if the gap isn't big enough already, the other front tooth isn't far behind and both of the teeth next to the front ones are loose as well. If he keeps this up, he'll need dentures by the time he's 40.

No comments: