It's no secret: I need to lose weight. I 'm not going to go into the nitty-gritty of the times I've lost weight in the past or times when I've put it on. And I'm sure as Hades not going to be posting the horrendous number I see when I step on the scale. I will say that I'm glad to be below my all-time highest weight but like I said, it doesn't take a genius to look at me and see that changes need to be made.
I've been trying to get started - again - over the past couple of months. Stopped eating after 8:00 or so in the evenings (for the most part), started eating healthier breakfasts and lunches, upped my fruit and veggie intake. I've dropped a few pounds but nothing near what I'd like to lose.
Then the other night, Max came up with a goal for both of us... Until we leave on vacation in a number of weeks, we're both going to make some changes and thereby hopefully shed a few pounds. No eating after 8:00, no fast food (only "fast" meals that are okay are salads, rice bowls, etc.), no soda (just my rule...Max isn't picking it up), and only 1 treat/goodie per day. I think the 1st three are going to be easy enough for me as I'm already pretty much in the habit of not eating after 7:30 or so, I only pick up "bad" fast food a couple of times in a month, and I'm not a huge carbonation drinker (though I do love root beer with a home grilled burger). However, the 1 treat/goodie a day thing is going to require a lot more conscious effort that I initially realized. Yesterday and today I did allow myself the single permitted treat (both times it was 3 or 4 tiny bite-sized sugar cookies that I made Sunday before this plan was devised...going to go up and toss them when I've finished this post). However, I've only been going at this for a whopping 2 days now and I can't believe how often the thought has crossed my mind that I'd like a piece of candy, a little cookie, some chocolate (of any sort), etc. I've succeeded so far in stopping myself from giving in to temptation but SERIOUSLY, I've never realized just how often I dip in to our household sugar product reserves each day. I'm interested to see just how much of a difference the decrease in sugar intake is going to make.
There's no way that I'm going to make this a weight loss blog and I'm not going to obsess about it. I'm just saying...I really was/am so much worse about grazing on goodies than I realized. Hopefully this change is going to do me some good. And fast.
8 comments:
I totally agree with you! I'm way addicted to sugar! Maybe I'll join you in your goal. Maybe we could go walking together or something too???
You and me both, sista! On the days I decide not to intake treats I realize how often I normally do. Not pretty. One thing that has helped on those days: sugarless gum, especially fruit-flavored. While (and after)chewing, I have no sugary cravings. Good luck!!
I think you reward for hard work these next few weeks will be to allow yourself one Balboa bar each day. If I'm going to have one treat a day, that is it!
I admire your goals. Good luck!
That's my problem too! I graze all day, and its not doing me any good. Scary that summer is here so fast! But you are beautiful no matter what! Good luck, and we hope to see you sometime on your vacation...
LOL!! i'm laughing right now cause you know the wierd word they make you type before you can post a comment? the one in the box below waiting for me to type in right now is.. "nochos" hahahaha... speaking of - nachos are some of my guiltiest pleasures :)
love it cous! you and me both! i'm doing weight watchers again. i wish we could go walking once or twice a week!! it's such a bummer that we don't live nearer to each other. but i SO know what you mean about thinking about it all day... when i'm "watching it" i think about food non-stop :) i'll settle for dark chocolate mini nestle chips that are 3 months old! hahaha.
i CAN'T WAIT to party it up with you in balboa... woot woot!
Go Suzie! You're braver than us all.
I have this bowl of peanut M&M's on my counter and I think I pass it at least 30 times a day and each time I grab one! After I have this baby with all your will power. Can you come and take it away.
Good Luck, Good Job!
I also agree with the above...You're beautiful!
Good luck- you can do it! I am seriously addicted to chocolate, and my post baby goal is to get rid of my cravings... So I'm with you!
The sweets are the hardest for me too! The good thing is, that ANY type of "diet" makes you more aware of what you are putting in your mouth, and that alone, makes a big difference! Good luck with your goals!
Post a Comment