Monday, June 7, 2010

Belated Mother's Day Gift...To Myself

Starting sometime last year and over a period of several months, I played with the idea of ordering myself a personalized necklace. I almost ordered it a couple of times and always decided against it. Then Mother's Day was on the horizon and I took a look at the website again. This time, they were promising that the necklaces would be received in time for the big day if ordered by April 20th. It was April 19th so I jumped on it and...when I went to the page with my desired necklace, it showed that they were sold out or back ordered. Bummer. Maybe next year.

Or not. A week or so after Mother's Day I went to the website again and found that my desired piece was available again. I quickly ordered it and on Saturday, I received my belated Mother's Day gift. Yes, my new car counted as as a MD gift as did the clothes that I got the weekend before and as my new iPhone will when we get it in the next week or two. Sorry...I am a little spoiled from time to time. But that's entirely beside the point. Back to the necklace. I wore it Saturday, yesterday, and today and got lots of compliments on it (cue proud look on my face).

To: Me
From: Me (with lots of love)


I know a few of you already know about this company or may have seen them mentioned on NieNie's blog. If not, you can just click on over to The Vintage Pearl to take a gander if you like. Lots of cute stuff and trust me, you won't be disappointed!

4 comments:

browniemom said...

Love the necklace! I want one, but am afraid if I put all my kids on it, I'll look like I have a cow bell around my neck. What do you think? Steve is getting me cushions for my patio chairs for Mother's Day. I haven't got them yet, but I'm hoping they'll arrive soon.

Erin said...

It really is super cute. I need to start getting myself my own birthday and Mother's Day gift!

Natalie said...

I LOVE it! Way to go! Sometimes, when you really want something, it is best to order it yourself. :) hee hee

Melinda May said...

LOVE IT!