Today I am thankful for modern medical procedures and practices, physicians, and medications.
Max had his big hip resurfacing surgery this morning. His doctor called me when it was done and said that everything went perfectly and that hubby was doing well in recovery. I wasn't able to see him until a little bit after noon but I was surprised at how good, alert and comfortable he looked. When he had his left hip done 4 1/2 years ago, I wasn't able to visit him until a bit later in the day (Hudson was in preschool and Claire was only 7 months old) so seeing him so soon afterwards this time was a new thing for me.
Max was starting to hurt a bit when he came up from recovery and obviously the pain is going to get worse as everything wears off. It's no fun to see someone that you love hurting and I know he will be doing just that for the next several days.
I'm really not worried about Max's recovery (other than the fact that I know that it's painful and slow going for him) or how things will be down the line. We've done this before and more than anything, I'm just glad to know that his condition will improve each day from here on own rather than deteriorate.
Our lives and our family have been blessed by doctors and modern medicine over and over again throughout the years and I'm sure they will continue to be. So today I am very thankful indeed.
1 comment:
glad to hear it went well. i had been wondering. wishing a speedy recovery. :)
Post a Comment