I haven't received any complaints, but I know that each and every one of you 8 people that read my blog are just chomping at the bit for me to write another one of my marvy lists. So I'm going to oblige and provide you with just that. And just to mix it up a bit, maybe I'll even write two lists over the next couple of days. Here we go:
SOME OF MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT SUMMER
- It's BBQ season...bring on the grilled shrimp, ribs, homemade burgers, steak, chicken, kabobs, salmon, etc. Okay, so we grill year-round. But when summer rolls around, it's officially that time of year.
- Summer thunderstorms and/or micro-bursts.
- I get tons of freckles on my arms and shoulders and a few on my face/forehead and the backs of my legs.
- Sitting on the lawn in the shade of the trees on our little back hill/slope.
- Going to our public pool. Two reasons for this: 1) it's fun, and 2) someone always looks worse than I do in a swimming suit and it makes me feel better about myself.
- No one thinks I'm weird for wearing short sleeves (some people think it's weird to do so year round).
- Fireworks on the 4th of July.
- Any of the following combined with fresh peach chunks or slices: Breyer's natural vanilla ice cream, any other vanilla ice cream, Cheerios, Rice Chex, or sugar (okay - sugar can be added to any of the previous three, too).
- I can let Huds stay up late without worrying about whether he's going to pitch a fit about going to school in the morning.
- All of the great "summer salads" that are out there. Whether it's potato, green, pasta, fruit, or any other kind of salad, I just can't get enough!
- Flip flops and sandals.
- 'Tis the season for Perseids.
- All the fresh fruit that is in season: strawberries, watermelons, peaches, raspberries, pineapple, etc. I just love me some fruit!
- Speaking of fruit, fresh strawberries are also most excellent over vanilla ice cream.
- Watching my kids run through the sprinklers or under a "rainbow" of hose water...nothing like seeing how thrilled they are to get soaked.
- Shave ice shacks.
- It comes right before fall.
Next list: the things that I really don't like about summer...
1 comment:
I love this list! I love me some peaches too! And if I weren't off sugar, I would totally have some with icecream. Yum!
p.s. It's weird that you know Lara. It's a small world.
Post a Comment