Sunday, July 19, 2009

SUMMERTIME: LIST II

As promised, here is my 2nd list revolving around summer...

THINGS THAT I REALLY HATE ABOUT SUMMER

  • Heat, heat, and more heat.
  • Not being able to spend much time doing fun things like visiting the zoo or going to the park because of said heat.
  • Going to the public pool. Two reasons for this: 1) it's crowded, and 2) someone always looks better than I do in a swimsuit and it makes me feel bad. Refer to Summertime List I.
  • The fact that our AC doesn't keep up with the heat. It has been running non-stop today and it is 80 degrees in the center section of our upstairs right now. Barf!
  • Nights when I step outside at 11:00 and it's still over 80 degrees. Barf again.
  • I go barefoot or wear sandals/flip-flops all the time and while this is totally fantastic, my feet get super dry and the bottoms of them and my heels crack and peel. Totally un-awesome.
  • Not being able to cook or bake in my kitchen without seriously over-heating both the room and myself.
  • It has the audacity to wedge itself in between my favorite two seasons: spring and fall.
  • One word: sunburns.
  • I not only sunburn, but I don't really tan either. I get my precious freckles and what I call my "pink tan". Even though I may not actually be burned, people are always making comments like, "Oh, honey! That looks like it hurts." or "You really got burned when you were out walking the other day!" I'm not always sunburned, people!
  • It's our dog's 2nd shedding season...he does it in the spring and just when you think it's over, the summer heat hits and he does it all over again.
Had enough of my griping about summer? Too bad. Here's some more:

  • The sweat that literally drips off my face when I go on my morning walks....and trust me, I am well aware that this is really gross.
  • People who think that summer weather is perfect. What's wrong with you?!
  • Feeling overheated the second I step out of the shower and then having to stop mid-way through drying my hair because I'm about to suffer from heat stroke.
  • Our electricity bill.
  • Explaining to my son again (and again) that the sun being up doesn't mean that it isn't still bedtime.
  • In the winter, you can put more and more layers on if you get cold. Summer? You can only remove so many layers of clothes before you find yourself naked.
  • It's too stinkin' long!
I guess that's about it for now. I'm going to go upstairs and console my summer blues with some ice cream.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Love the "barf" comments! And, I am totally with you on the hair drying thing and the electric bill. Barf.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I love having a great read at night when I can't sleep! Luv ya!

Erin said...

We are friends for many reasons...but this list solidifies it. Amen sista!