Monday, September 28, 2009

RECIPE: EASY LEMON PEPPER SALMON

I promised this recipe to a couple of people a while back and never got my act together. So strange...I've never had a hard time remembering to do things before. Anyway - here at our house, we totally love seafood. Salmon is one of our staples. And this recipe couldn't be easier.

EASY LEMON PEPPER SALMON

butter
soy sauce
fresh squeezed lemon juice
lemon pepper
dill weed
salmon fillet (or portion thereof)

In a mug, melt a bit of butter (maybe 2 Tbsp.?) in the microwave. Add equal amounts soy sauce and lemon juice then whisk together. On a foil-lined baking sheet (or just foil if you want to wrap it up and grill it as a packet), brush some of the butter mixture over the area that the salmon will be placed. Set salmon on sauce and brush the top and sides of the fish with as much sauce as you want. Sprinkle generously with both lemon pepper and dill weed. Bake uncovered in a preheated 325 oven for 20-30 minutes or grill for approximately 25-30 minutes over medium heat. If you like your fish on the medium side, check the center of the fillet at about 15-18 minutes.

NOTES:
  • If you're not usually a seafood buyer (or eater), here's a tip: if it smells fishy, it's not fresh and will not taste good, no matter how great the recipe! I buy my salmon at Costco and always try to get on with the most recent "packed on" date, preferrably the day that I'm getting it.
  • I usually do a half-fillet on this recipe and almost always have some sauce leftover. If you're worried about wasting the ingredients, maybe cut the amount of butter, soy sauce, and lemon juice down to 1 Tbsp. each.
  • Need I say it again? FRESH squeezed lemon juice is a must. Anything else is a cardinal sin.
  • Our favorite salad to have with this is a good Caesar with Cardini's dressing. Nothing like a bite of this salmon and salad together!

Now I've got myself all geared up to eat this...guess I'll be going to Costco in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Nycole Rosen said...

Yum! That sounds like something I need to try. Thanks!