Sunday, September 27, 2009

WHY AM I THE FAVE IN THIS DEPARTMENT?

As I was fixing dinner for the kids on Friday evening, Claire came climbing up the stairs and informed me that she was "poo-poo". Told me, "Mommy change you!" Oh, goody. I took her back to her room, cleaned her up, and got her off and playing again. Then, the next morning, when I took her out of her high chair after breakfast, she informed that she'd once again done her duty as a toddler by filling her pants. So I changed her. Finally, yesterday afternoon, I was sitting in the kitchen with Max when he caught a whiff of something and asked Claire if she needed her diaper changed. She said, "No! Mommy change you." and came running to me. Oh, what delightsome fun and joy!

Who does she want when it comes to who feeds her a Go-Gurt? Daddy. What about when it's time to cuddle her in the rocking chair before bed? Or when it's time to have fun and play? Or when she wants to snuggle on the couch or the bed for no reason at all? Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. But wait. Who is her absolute favorite when it comes to changing her stinky diapers? Mommy...I win! How lucky am I?

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ugh. Can't say I miss those days. She sounds like she'll be ready for potty training soon, though. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

P.S. I think you meant "couch."

Natalie said...

That's because Daddies cover their noses with their shirts and tell them how stinky they are, and Mommies don't! :)