Back at the end of Februay, Claire fell asleep in her highchair for the 1st time...

If my memory serves me well, she did do a bit of fussing prior to passing out. Looks SO incredibly comfy, doesn't she? Head rested against the corner of her tray. So plush and cozy! Must feel like my desk did in my high school economics class (sorry, Mrs. Benjamin).
She did it the one time and I didn't expect it to happen very often. However, over the past few weeks, it has become more of a regular thing. And it's always at lunchtime. I'll ask her if she wants lunch. She nods her head and bee-lines it for her highchair, eager to start chowing on her pick-of-the-day (finicky and flightly little eater, she is). I put a few things and a drink on her tray and then go to work making Hudson's lunch, doing laundry, or whatever is on my to-do list for the moment. It's a nice time...everything is calm. Everyone is happy. And then I find out why everything is going so nicely:

She's out like a light. The next day, she seems a bit more enerjetic so I believe her when she wants to get in her high chair again. Fifteen minutes later:

Two days in a row, she passes out in her chair. And when I remove her from her trap to put her in her crib, she doesn't even flinch.

If my memory serves me well, she did do a bit of fussing prior to passing out. Looks SO incredibly comfy, doesn't she? Head rested against the corner of her tray. So plush and cozy! Must feel like my desk did in my high school economics class (sorry, Mrs. Benjamin).
She did it the one time and I didn't expect it to happen very often. However, over the past few weeks, it has become more of a regular thing. And it's always at lunchtime. I'll ask her if she wants lunch. She nods her head and bee-lines it for her highchair, eager to start chowing on her pick-of-the-day (finicky and flightly little eater, she is). I put a few things and a drink on her tray and then go to work making Hudson's lunch, doing laundry, or whatever is on my to-do list for the moment. It's a nice time...everything is calm. Everyone is happy. And then I find out why everything is going so nicely:

She's out like a light. The next day, she seems a bit more enerjetic so I believe her when she wants to get in her high chair again. Fifteen minutes later:

Two days in a row, she passes out in her chair. And when I remove her from her trap to put her in her crib, she doesn't even flinch.
Wait...still in her pj's at lunch time? Two days in a row? YOU BET! As long as we don't have anywhere to go and I think she'll be getting back into bed, why not? Especially considering the fact that I'm a bit of a freak about her clothes and hate it when she gets so much as a spot on her shirt. I'd rather have her mess up her pajamas than some adorable outfit that will be seen in public.
Anyhow, back to the magical chair. Not only does she fall asleep in it like it's laced with a sedative, she wants to be in it. ALL. THE. TIME. If I am forgetful and leave the tray off, she senses its vacancy and hurries to climb into it. The other night, it was time for her to go to bed. Called her name. Searched the house. Couldn't find her. She was in her chair sucking her thumb.
We've always thought her to be such a crib-lover. Apparently not...this is her happy place.
6 comments:
She is so cute! I can't believe how much she looks like you Suzie!
I feel the same way about pajamas. If you are in the house all day...why not? That is so cute she keeps sleeping in there. Hey, take advantage of it!
It was great seeing all of you on Saturday. Good times!
I wish Katie had a happy place like Claire! That is adorable. At least you can get things done while she sits- bonus!!
Complete opposite of my kid, who hasn't been in a higchair since she was 12 mos old. I think I love that routine, especailly because you can transfer her after she's asleep! Don't mess with a good thing.
What a doll she is. My kids always loved their high chairs and a couple of them fell asleep in them.......once or twice.
Great for you that she falls asleep so easily.
that is adorable & impressive! :)
Post a Comment