Friday, May 8, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...ARE DAD & MOM AROUND?

This post is dedicated to my incredibly awesome middle brother, Dave. It's his birthday today and so here comes another list from my listy-self. Some of the many reasons why I think he is the bomb:

  • He's very caring, empathetic, and concerned for other people and their well being.
  • It was super fun to work with and have lunch with him a few times each week during the years that we were employed by the same company.
  • He has a disgustingly thin and cute wife and a bunch of fantastic kids.
  • He knows why I call him Kitten (and he calls me the same).
  • Other than to get our mom's goat, he never complained about the fact that our parents were out of town for approximately every birthday he had as a kid.
  • Four words: "It's a free country." They may have been annoying back in the day but they make me smile now.
  • He used to call his wife on the phone when I was in the car and say embarrassing things to her just to push her buttons...very amusing.
  • He is yet to have an issue with all the jabs we (my sister and I) make at him for being one of our 3 non-communicative brothers.
  • He taught me all the secrets of Dark Castle and Beyond Dark Castle.
  • When he was about to lose his hair during chemo, he let his friend Kristy and I dye and style his remaining locks to our hearts' delight.
  • He introduced me to Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Tom Perry, and Rush.
  • Even though I'm younger than him and we're all grown up and mature, he lets me boss him around sometimes and does what I ask (aka command) without any fussing...wish he'd train Hudson for me.
  • He is very understanding and easy-going.
  • Like our younger brother, Estee Lauder, he used to let my sister and me dress him up like a girl. And man, did he look good!
  • We are surgery and staple scar buddies (he wins for longest scar and I think I win for most staples). No one else in our family is in this club - we rock!
  • He drives our mom crazy when he pushes his eyebrows in the wrong direction.
  • Whenever someone needs help, he's quick to pitch in.
  • As you've probably figured out by now (and much like both of my other brothers), he's not a complainer...and that makes him about as pleasant to be around as is humanly possible!
Now, since it's a free country, below is my super special birthday photo pic for today. Unfortunately, while I am currently giddy with the thought that this picture of my brother is out there for all to see, I am also apparently fishing for snide remarks about my feathered hair (sure is a shame we outgrew our dangerously good looks). I just wish he'd had his braces on for this one:
Happy Birthday, Kitten!


I hope you have a wonderful day and that you actually check my blog for once so that you get to read this. Maybe I'll send you an e-mail.

5/9/2009: Here are Anee's two cents:

Now it's my turn to add to the list of Dave's many fine attributes...

  • He has always been a hard worker. No wonder Dad liked his help best when we were working outside. (What a kiss-up.)
  • He has that nice upper-body swimmer's build.
  • He can laugh AT himself with the rest of us. For example, "You can do maaaa-jic! You can have anything that you desire!" You know what I'm talkin' about, bro!'
  • He beat cancer, and then went on to spit in its face by having five kids.
  • He doesn't fight his thinning hair. Nothing I hate more than a combover!
  • He knows how to pick out a beautiful and good wife.
  • He has a funny sense of humor.
  • He is helpful and pitches in without fussing.
  • He has a strong testimony and really tries to do what's right.
  • He let us call him "Dade" for years. (Where did that come from, anyway?)
  • He had big glasses AND braces and still went out in public. Brave.
  • He will find humor in that last statement.

Happy Birthday, little bro! Love you tons!


Love, Anne

3 comments:

Anne said...

Now it's my turn to add to the list of Dave's many fine attributes...

- He has always been a hard worker. No wonder Dad liked his help best when we were working outside. (What a kiss-up.)
- He has that nice upper-body swimmer's build.
- He can laugh AT himself with the rest of us. For example, "You can do maaaa-jic! You can have anything that you desire!" You know what I'm talkin' about, bro!
- He beat cancer, and then went on to spit in its face by having five kids.
- He doesn't fight his thinning hair. Nothing I hate more than a combover!
- He knows how to pick out a beautiful and good wife.
- He has a funny sense of humor.
- He is helpful and pitches in without fussing.
- He has a strong testimony and really tries to do what's right.
- He let us call him "Dade" for years. (Where did that come from, anyway?)
- He had big glasses AND braces and still went out in public. Brave.
- He will find humor in that last statement.

Happy Birthday, little bro! Love you tons!

Love,
Anne

Natalie said...

That.Picture.Is.Hot. Really, you are awesome. Ummm, sweet post to your bro also. I love how you have such involved relationships with all your sibs.

Jeanette said...

Thanks, Suzie and Anne for such nice comments. Obviously, I think Dave is pretty awesome, too! I think that I will have to start calling my hubby, "Dade" and see if he will sing in the shower for me. You two are great women that I am happy to have be a part of my family. I can't wait to see everyone in Lake Tahoe!