Third day, third recipe. After this little stint, I think I'll try to go back to my original goal of posting one recipe each week. So keep your eyes out for more tasty stuff starting sometime towards the end of next week.
This recipe come from a friend in my neighborhood. As I mentioned in one of my previous recipe posts, we used to have a recipe group going around here. This dip is up at the top of my favorite recipes from said group...right up there with the super easy dinner rolls that I love to make.
BLACK BEAN DIP
2 cans black beans, rinsed well and drained
1 can shoe peg corn (so good & very important)
2-4 tomatoes, diced
1/2 c. chopped red onion
1/4 c. finely chopped cilantro
6 Tbsp. olive oil
6 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tsp. cumin
dash of cayenne pepper
dash of garlic salt
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well. Chill through before serving. Serve with tortilla chips (or just eat by the spoonful!).
NOTES
- It can be a bit hard to find but the Shoe Peg corn is SO key in making this recipe. If your market has it, it should be in the same section as normal canned corn. But it comes in a smaller/shorter can and may be down on a lower shelf (where I always find it in our stores). I've only seen the Green Giant brand but there may be others out there.
- This is very good with either classic tomatoes chopped up or Roma tomatoes. If you're using the larger classics, only use 2. Or if you go the Roma route, plan on 4-5 fruits.
1 comment:
I love this- thanks for sharing the recipe!
Post a Comment