As stated in a couple of previous posts, Hudson started Kindergarten last week. He only had class on Monday as the kinders had assessment testing the rest of the week. But regardless of the fact that he only attended elementary school for a whopping 2 hours prior to having a 6 day weekend, I still consider it his 1st day. And may I just say that in my totally un-biased opinion, he did AWESOME!!
Of course just prior to walking up the street for him to catch the bus, I snapped a picture of him on our front porch:
I walked with him up to the bus stop and waited until he climbed on with the other kids:
I walked back home, hopped in my Expedition (Oooooh - epiphany! My next list will be about my beloved vehicle), and raced down the hill, hoping to arrive at the school before the bus dropped him off. Too bad, sucker! By the time I found a parking space - well outside of the parking lot - and got to his classroom, he'd already found the hook with his name on it, hung up his backpack, found his seat, parked himself at his desk/table, and begun to play with the piece of modeling clay that was set out:
I took several pictures of him in the classroom but I won't bore you with those since about 85% of them are him looking bored. I then headed back home and waited for a whopping 90 minutes or so until he'd get out of class ("early-out" schedule the 1st day). I wanted to be sure that I got at least 472 pictures of him on the 1st day of Kindergarten, so when he came out the doors, I was there to snap this one:
I couldn't be happier that his 1st day went off without a hitch. Partly because I was so excited and it would have ruined it for me and partly because I find kids' overreactions fabulously amusing. I laugh when my kids throw an extra good tantrum or when they get shots at the pediatrician's office (poor Claire will have me rolling on the floor this Wednesday when she has her 2-year appointment).
Today was his 2nd day of school. He wanted Max to take him to the bus stop and while Max was worried when he was that he sat by himself, we found out later that Hudson wanted to do this. Same with on the bus ride home. Big man on campus, this one is.
4 comments:
You are the cutest mom with the cutest kids. Hudson is brave. Ug I am just waiting for that day when I can cry my eyes out while watching Em walk away to school for the first time.
That is such a good sign! He is a confident and content big boy at school. Good luck at school this week.
Oh, Hudson is sooooo cute! I am kind of astonished that he wanted to sit by himself...I thought he liked other people? All well, just goes to show he's growing up, and can be independent! What a cutie!
He looks so grown up!! I love how he didn't even look back as he got on the bus. That's how my kids treat me, too. I keep telling myself that it's because I've done something right, not because they don't love me. :-)
Post a Comment