Thursday, August 6, 2009

SELF PORTRAITS A LA HUDSON

As stated in another post a while back, Hudson has a thing for cameras. He has been put on time out and chastised for having little photo parties with our 2 digital cameras on several occasions. Apparently none of the punishments or threats were enough to give him any desire to stop these little photo sessions. Not whatsoever. The other day, I turned on our little pocket-sized camera and discovered that the 5 or 6 photos I had taken a few days before had magically multiplied like bunnies. There were nearly 200 pictures on disc, all taken within about an hour. I wondered to myself, "Who took all of these pictures?" Actually, I knew darn well who had gotten click-happy. I started reviewing the pictures and was having a hard time keeping a straight face. And I really had to avoid laughing out loud since he was in such a heap of trouble. So I popped the camera's battery out and left it to charge (so strange that it would be on its last rechargeable leg) and Hudson got yet another scolding.

Later, when he was in bed and well out of ear-shot, I picked up the camera and went through all of the pictures. It was hard not to laugh. Actually, I didn't hold it in one bit. There were pictures of Claire in her highchair, pictures of Disney's Little Einsteins and Handy Manny on the t.v., pictures of Miles trying to sleep in the hall, pictures of the floor, pictures of my cluttered kitchen. But more than anything else, I found shot after shot of the photog himself:

And this collage contains maybe half of the self-portaits he took. More likely about a third. But that's only if you include the pictures he took of his feet. Talk about inspired artistry:


But in the end, can you blame him for going back to this naughty little habit? He is male (and we all know he's quite pleased with this fact) and a camera is an electronic deivce. No stopping that chemistry.

4 comments:

Erin said...

This post is just one of the many reasons I love Hudson!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you figured out how to do te picture colage. I knew you were smart enough to figure it out that is whe I didn't get back to you!
Hilarious btw!

Natalie said...

LOve it! You should seriously print and frame that collage. It's awesome.

Sher said...

My kids have a love affair with the camera too. But, since my last camera died, suddenly, without cause, I'm guarding the knew one very closely.