Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Hole In His Grin

A while after dinner this even, Hudson came to me with a big smile on his face and said that he wanted to show me what he could do with his loosest tooth. He smiled and then proceeded to push said tooth nearly horizontal with his tongue. He allowed me to give the tooth a quick wiggle and then after much wiggling on the parts of himself, Max, and I, he finally agreed to give me a shot at the little thing. He was worried about it hurting and every time I tried to dry the tooth, he would start to laugh and pull away, once again wetting the tooth when he closed his mouth. We finally got him settled down and I gave the slightest tug and out came the tooth. Hudson didn't even flinch...he looked at the pearly white that I was holding in between my fingers and started to laugh. He was proud to say that it didn't hurt one bit - a real improvement from some of the tooth-pulling adventures we've had in the past.

Here's a shot of his new smile:


And his favorite part of having two teeth on the bottom missing...sticking his tongue through the gaps:


Now that he's lost all four of the center teeth on the bottom, it's time to get going on the four across the top....all of which are loose right now. I'm just hoping that his two bottom teeth grow in sufficiently before those come out. I'm afraid I'd laugh every time he smiled if all he had was 2 out of 8 center teeth to show.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Good job Hudson (and Suzie!) I can't wait to see his holey grin soon.

browniemom said...

Way to go Hudson! My kids won't let me near a loose tooth. They usually end up swallowing them. I hope that's not unhealthy! Love, love his new grin, especially with his tongue through his gaps.

Natalie said...

Cute! I love how excited he is about it. Can you believe Gunnar made it to 7 and no lost teeth yet? His teeth look so teeny-tiny in his big mouth!