In church a week or two ago we were having a lesson on anger. A woman was asked to participate in advance and shared a few words on the matter. I really enjoyed a few quotes that she read and thought I'd pass them on...
"Consider how much more you often suffer from your anger and grief than from those very things for which you are angry and grieved." - Mark Antony
"Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddah
"Long held resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die." - (unknown)
I'm not one who is normally easy to anger but I thought that these were really fabulous. I'm going to be printing them out and posting them on my "quote door" in the kitchen. Hopefully when I do find myself angry or holding something against someone, I can remember these words and let things go.
2 comments:
Great quotes! Thank you for sharing them...
Thanks for this. I'm not angry right now, but these quotes are going to help me out today. Love you!
Post a Comment