Friday, May 14, 2010

My Girl In My Dress

When I was a wee girl, I had a blue and white gingham dress with a white eyelet-lace apron to wear over it. Apparently I would tell people that "my daddy buyed this dress for me". Over a year ago, my mom pulled this dress out of storage and gave it to me so that I could have Claire wear it. I washed it and put it in my ironing basket with every intention of putting her in it soon. "Soon" turned into weeks and then months. The other day, I went to iron a couple of things and was horrified to see the dress sitting there - would it still fit? I crossed my fingers and held it up to Claire. In spite of its being a size 2T (she's now in a size 4/4T), it looked like it would work just fine. I gave it a quick pressing and then got my little girl dressed...it did fit. And she looked darling. It's definitely shorter on her than it was one me when I started wearing it at the ripe old age of about 18 months. But it works and I love it. And my girl does, too. The whole time she was wearing it, she kept talking about her "pretty, pretty dress", looking in the mirror at herself, and twirling around while holding the skirt.


I have a few other hand-me-down treasures in my possession and I can't wait to put her in them. More pictures to follow when I do!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I've always loved that picture of you! She is super cute in that dress. I have a suit of Steve's that I can't wait for Tyler to wear.

McGee said...

uuuuuuuummmmmm...TOTALLY adoreable!

Anne said...

So cute! I love the length on her.

VK said...

She looks so much like you. Love the pictures side by side.

Natalie said...

That is priceless! LOVE it! Looks like it fits her perfectly.