Friday, February 13, 2009

25 THINGS I LOVE TO LOVE...

Alright. Tomorrow is good old St. Valentine's Day. So I decided that in addition to my anti-love post about things I hate, I should also write a list of things that I love. Those things that float my boat, tickles my funny bone, make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And in advance, I hereby once again tag anyone who wants to be tagged...
  1. ALL of my family: husband and kids, parents, siblings, uncles, aunts, and cousins.
  2. Brownie batter.
  3. A good gab session with one of my girls (or 10 of them...doesn't matter).
  4. When my car is freshly cleaned.
  5. Thunderstorms...they terrified me as a child but now I just can't get enough.
  6. Looking in my wallet and finding cash that I forgot about or didn't know I had.
  7. Using the word "peeps".
  8. Hearing Hudson use the words "peeps" and "freakin'".
  9. BBC's Pride and Prejudice. A dose of Colin Firth/Mr. Darcy, anyone?
  10. The ocean.
  11. A really big, deep bathtub full of hot water and surrounded by silence. Ahhhhhh.
  12. My children's laughter.
  13. Seeing a loved one (friend or family) after a long time of being apart. Even better if it's one of my dearest peeps and it has been long enough that we cry over seeing each other again.
  14. A Balboa Bar (or 5 of them) with everything.
  15. Listening to the rain as I fall asleep.
  16. Going shopping for a specific item of clothing or a certain accessory and finding it. On sale. In the color I wanted. And it fits.
  17. Lying in the shaded cool grass on a summer day.
  18. CHALK-O-LIT.
  19. The CD of children's music that Max made. Pollywog in a Bog always gets me going.
  20. The rare and totally treasured day that I'm able to sleep in.
  21. Puppies and ducklings. Admit it. You smiled just now, didn't you?
  22. Amusement park rides at Disneyland, The Boardwalk, Lagoon. Wherever. They just rock.
  23. Tasteful displays of Christmas lights.
  24. Marzipan...especially Mrs. Cavanaugh's and that tasty layer of it in Gayle's Princess Cake.
  25. Feeling wanted, appreciated, needed, and loved.
This list was even easier to write than the one about things I hate. I'm going to have to write "Another 25 Things I Love To Love" sometime. Sometime soon...I'm already typing it up in my head.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm a little upset I didn't get my own number. We sure are a lot alike. Thunderstorms, Mr. Darcy, Balboa bars these are a few of my favorite things! I hope to see you soon...you should have us come up and play!

Natalie said...

Balboa Bars, yum. I had one in September. Nothing beats 'em!

Love the lists, girl! :)