Max keeps commenting that he's done with winter, ice & snow, and the mucky air outside. While I'm O.K. with a bit more of it (except for the smog), I really am looking forward to springtime and the freedom of summer when I can take the kids outside. Have BBQ's and eat on patio. Sit outside in the evening and enjoy the fresh air. Push Claire in the swing:

Watch Max doing yard work and taking the occasional break with Hudson and Miles:

Not have to worry about Claire getting too cold when she takes her shirt off:

Put Hudson back in swimming lessons:

I'm looking forward to bulbs in my yard popping up. To baby deer walking the neighborhood with their moms. To new leaves budding on my Japanese Maples. To opening the windows all over my house and letting the musty trapped air escape. To trips to the zoo and stops at the park. To birds chirping in the trees.
The more I think about it, the more I'm practically salivating for warmer weather. But it's only February 4th and I don't even get to think about planting tomatoes let alone having an entirely snow-free yard until May. Maybe this post was a bad idea...
Watch Max doing yard work and taking the occasional break with Hudson and Miles:

Not have to worry about Claire getting too cold when she takes her shirt off:
Put Hudson back in swimming lessons:
I'm looking forward to bulbs in my yard popping up. To baby deer walking the neighborhood with their moms. To new leaves budding on my Japanese Maples. To opening the windows all over my house and letting the musty trapped air escape. To trips to the zoo and stops at the park. To birds chirping in the trees.
The more I think about it, the more I'm practically salivating for warmer weather. But it's only February 4th and I don't even get to think about planting tomatoes let alone having an entirely snow-free yard until May. Maybe this post was a bad idea...
4 comments:
Amen! I thought I would get a break from winter going to FL, but it was just as cold there as it is here (with our warm spell).
My consolation to hating winter this year is we are going to HI in March. Hopefully, we'll get some heat and sun there.
I feel the same way. Already this morning I took my coat off on the way to work. But who are we kidding? It is barely February. I hope you include me in your trips to the zoo!
Spring fever much? Too bad that stupid groundhog saw his shodow, huh? Bah!
OK, your kids are ADORABLE, and I think they both look so much like you! Especially Claire. I would be able to pick her out of a huge crowd and say she is your daughter. Love your blog!
Post a Comment